PowerSchool Parent Access Guidelines
- Parent/Guardian and Student User ID’s and Password information for new students are mailed home.
- Parent/Guardian and Student User ID’s and Password information for All 9th grade students are mailed home in the beginning of September.
- Parents are to distribute the Students User ID and Password to their child.
- Only the parent/guardian may request access to the PowerSchool Parent Access system.
- For confidentiality purposes, account information will not be given via phone, email, or fax.
- The parent/guardian are issued a unique account name and password for each student. It is the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian to protect the security of the account(s). The district will not be responsible in the event the account(s) become possession of another person other than the parent/guardian/student.
- Web access is a privilege and can be revoked.
- For lost or misplaced Web user ID and Password:
- student’s that were enrolled at WHS last year, user ID and Passwords were placed on the bottom of the last Report Card that was mailed home.
- We do not give new, lost, or misplaced Web user ID and Password to students.
- Parents may pick up Parent/Guardian and Student User ID’s and Password information in the Guidance Office. Parent/Guardian must present photo ID with the same mailing address currently in our school records, and sign or have on file a disclaimer form.
- Exception: If the student is 18 years of age, the information can be given to them with a signed records release form.
- PowerSchool assigns user ID’s and passwords. If a Parent/Guardian or Student believes their password has been compromised, they may contact Linda DiRienzi at 856-262-2392 or email@example.com to have the password changed.
- Email Notifications: Parent/Guardian, we recommend entering Email information even if none of the subscription options for notification are selected.
- A free email account can be acquired at http://www.hotmail.com/ or http://www.yahoo.com/
- Parent/Guardian with more than one child at WHS have a separate account for each child.
- Separated or divorced parents need to share the user ID/Password for each student account.
- Multiple Email accounts can be input for the alerts by separating each with a comma (no space after comma).
- If you would like to familiarize yourself with the application/process a little more, the WHS Guidance website has the complete Parent Access user guide: http://www.monroetwp.k12.nj.us/HighSchool/Departments/Guidance/Contents/PowerSchool/ps_parent_user_guide.pdf
H:\POWERSCHOOL\Parent_Access\PowerSchool Parent Access Process.doc