2012- 2013 Goals
- The Radix Staff will continue to infuse ongoing and additional differentiated instructional strategies into the LAL program enhancing instruction for all learners by including at least 60 minutes of reading, at least 60 minutes of writing, listening/speaking/viewing and technology. Teachers will infuse children’s literature into their writing lessons to help students model an array of author’s voices and styles when writing.
- Teachers in grades K-3 will be incorporating the writing program "Being a Writer" to enhance student excitement for writing, as well as, student abilities to become successful skilled writers.
- Teachers will infuse educational technology in accordance with the Technology Literacy Standards within all curricular areas, thus enhancing students’ ability to achieve the Core Curriculum Content Standards (CCCS).
In Mathematics, teachers in Grades K-2 will incorporate the EnVisions Math program while continuing to include problem solving & critical thinking strategies. Math fact initiatives such as Rocket Math and Raising the Bar will continue to challenge students to master their facts in a timely manner. Differentiated instructional techniques will continue to be incorporated into the mathematics programs at Radix.
- Radix teachers will regularly utilize student assessment data as a guide for lesson planning in order to elicit student mastery of benchmark and grade level expectations based on the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards (NJCCCS).
- Radix teachers will continue working collaboratively to articulate key concepts of each subject area and to ensure consistent implementation of standards.
- Radix staff will continue to reinforce the Five Core Values as part of our Character Education philosophy. Social-emotional learning will be integrated in all subject areas and through a school wide weekly class meeting designed for open discussion of feelings and for demonstrating empathy toward others.
- Radix Elementary School seeks to increase parental involvement by continuing to offer a Parent Volunteer program. Parents are also encouraged to join the PTA and to participate in various PTA sponsored functions. Math and Reading Nights will continue to be provided in order to strengthen the connection between home and school.