NEWS FROM THE “KNOLL”
As I write my principal letter for the month of May, I feel compelled to celebrate all the important people who make coming to work each day an enjoyable one. First, I would like to say thank you to all of our parent volunteers who assist the teachers in the classroom. Your help is greatly appreciated from not only myself, but from the teachers and the students, as well. The students truly look forward to working with you each day. I would also like to thank the wonderful ladies in the office. Without you the school days would not go as smooth as they do. I thank you for your support and expertise that you bring each and every day. Lastly, I would like to give a huge thank you to all of my staff. I could not ask for a more dedicated, loving and caring group of professionals. You truly are all amazing at what you do. I must say, I am one lucky Principal to be surrounded by such wonderful groups of individuals. All of these groups working together have made the transition into my new position as Principal an easy one.
Again thank you! You are all very much appreciated!
- May 1st thru 8th – Students in grade 3 will be taking the PARCC test.
- May 9th thru 16th – Students in grade 4 will be taking the PARCC test.
- It is very important, as it is all year long, that students arrive to school on time during the testing weeks.
- May 17th – Schoolwide Braves meetings – Students are encouraged to wear their Bee a Buddy shirt or any school spirit wear.
- May 18th - The Spring Concert and 4th Grade Art Show will be held from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm.The concert will start promptly at 7:30 pm.If your student is a choir member, they must be at school by 7:00 pm.
- May 19th – Fun Day money and bag lunch order is due.Please refer to the information that was sent home with your student.Fun Day will be held June 1st( Rain date June 8th )
- May 19th – Fun-Raising Friday – for the cost of $1.00, students may wear the hat of their choice all day in school in order to participate in this charitable endeavor.
- May 25th – Some of our 4th grade classes will be creating a “Living History Museum”.After randomly drawing a name from a list of important figures in New Jersey history, students were required to do research.Their program will then consist of 4 parts: a written biography, a costume, a poster, and an oral presentation.The museum will be open to parents & guardians from 11:00 am – 12:00 pm or from 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm.
- May 26th thru May 29th – School will be closed for the Memorial Day Weekend.Students will return on Tuesday, May 30th.
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!