“Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get.” T. Hudson
Springtime is full of light, color and renewed energy. As we end the 3rd marking period, April 11th, students need maintain their academic momentum, or if they have been struggling, they need to put their nose to the grindstone. The last quarter provides the challenges of many distractions that have the potential to interfere with academics. We want all students to finish strong- with solid grades and credits earned. It is especially true for our seniors who are already showing signs of senioritis!
This month we have a full calendar of events, for students and parents. Everything from clubs and meetings, to sports and the arts. Please check the website for dates, and mark your calendars for some special events:
- WHS Spring Craft Fair, Saturday, April 8th from 9:00 am- 3:00 pm. Come out and support Project Graduation!
- ROTC Award Ceremony, April 19th at 6:00 pm in the WHS Theater.
- Parent Involvement Committee meeting, Saturday, April 22nd, 9:00 in the WHS Media Center.
- Take Your Child to Work Day, April 27th
Parents and Guardians, we need your help:
- For those of you with seniors…encourage your child to check out the scholarship opportunities being promoted by our Counseling Department; every little bit helps!
- We need students in school daily and in on time. This last quarter is no time to be missing class, or receiving discipline.
- Although the misuse and abuse of cell phones has been reduced since we have been cracking down, some students are still taking out their phones when they shouldn’t.
- A final word about PARCC… we had a successful week of PARCC last week. Getting it all done in one week allows up to get right back to a normal schedule this week.
I hope to see many of you at the forthcoming events. This is the time to enjoy the benefits of having a student in high school…there are many opportunities to see our students shine, to show our support, and to be involved as proud families of WHS.
Have a wonderful spring!